Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Off to Mole National Park...

This will be short and sweet. I am off today to travel to northern Ghana. I will be back around the 24th but only for a two days to wash clothes and recharge, then I will head back down to the coast to lay on the beach before school starts again. I promise to write a blog about my travels before I head to the coast.
Since my last blog I have pretty much been hanging out around Columbus (the school). There are still the few kids that live at the orphanage and I had about 15 in my room for our Sunday movie night. This time we watched Disney’s “Brother Bear,” and “Lion King II.” I really enjoy Sunday nights now, and I know the kids do as well.
I hope all is well with everyone at home. I am off to meet up with Emily, Christina, Monica, and Ross (all names that mean nothing to you I know, but they are all other volunteers) to take a “luxury” bus from 5 PM to midnight to Tamale. We will stay here overnight and then head to the national park tomorrow. I hear there are an abundance of elephant in this park, so I plan on taking many many pictures.
Take care and I will write more soon.
-Afia Henewaa

1 comment:

AngelaC said...

Hi Erin
It is Thursday night. Just got home from taking Gina and Daniel (my Swedish cousin here for post grad work at the UW) out for dinner at the Palisades. You will have to meet Daniel when you come home. I think I mentioned him to you. He is 28 and doing some bio coastal engineering thing at the U.. He will be here through October. Jen left for Europe today so I am feeling a little down knowing she will be gone for 2-3 months. I am also blue because two of our girlfriends are going to meet up with her in July after her tour for 10 days in Croatia. I would love to go but need to spend my measly time off with Al. Oh to be retired and have all the time in the world. Hey, I heard about you grandfather. It must be hard to be so far away. Last I heard he was doing OK though. Thank Goodness for that.

Well, it is always fun to read the blog and feel like I know what you are doing. Keep us posted on what the vacation time off brings. Also, the sponsorship idea is a good one. Working hard to bring it to reality will be very rewarding.

Angela